Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas at CJ


Had a special christmas this year helping Koksheng with his Chek Jawa mortality and recruitment project. Here's us toasting champagne on the intertidal. A memorable first for me. Glad kenny had the chance to see CJ for the first time too. Before this I haven't been to Ubin for the longest time, so even though I was told the diversity of CJ critters has gone down due to lower salinity, the variety of stuff I saw was still exciting - to me la.

We (Liana, me, Kenny, Shuyi) had a fun time surveying peacock anemones, with Liana being the head peacock molester. Other great sightings include a cake seastar, gazillion common seastars and sand stars, flowercrabs - and more that I couldn't take photos of coz I stupidly brought a full SD card. grrr.. anyhow.. will upload pix when dear JUAN has time to pass me photos. :) meanwhile, check out KS's collage of the day's survey here and Shuyi's photos here.

P.S.: anyone wanna go Penggarang to cycle? :)

No comments: